Thursday, July 31, 2008

The goodbye dinner

Why do I feel like it was sort of like my wedding, where it flew by without my really noticing?

All those other peoples' goodbye dinners I attended that seemed so significant... aww I am getting sappy. I am glad I managed to avoid having to say anything or I might have cried. I'm such a girl.

Any formative experience leaves one vulnerable with the recognition at the change--this is not a world where vulnerability is rewarded, and so it's scarier than most other things you can encounter here. I know what I was given and what it did for me, and how it and I were some kind of gestalt version of what people usually hope these things to be, and I am more grateful than I can say. Really all you can do is hope you provide this for someone else someday. CHEESEBALL.

No comments: