Thursday, September 11, 2008

Science in Art

I'm really tired after giving my first talk on campus as a faculty member, at the retreat for the Cancer Center I am a part of. For some reason it was newly terrifying--even though I know this stuff inside and out and have talked about it before. I think it has just been too many months since I last gave a talk, and being the new kid is always scary. It was cool though, I got good questions and interest from people. Looking to fire up some collaborations that should be really interesting and move my science forward.

In other news, my good friend is getting some awesome attention for his fascinating and beautiful art projects, here is a link:

Chicago Artists Month 2008 Featured Artist

He was interviewed on Chicago Public Radio last year to talk about his "Audible NMR" projects, which are really cool. It's really exciting to see him get recognized for this stuff!

No comments: