The written comments were the best though. Overall the most common response to "What was the best feature of Dr. X's teaching?" was something along the lines of "She went at a good pace, was easy to follow, explained things well and her notes were really helpful." However, my most favorite responses were:
- "Her facial features. She is probably the most beautiful teacher I have ever had."
- "HER HOTTNESS (two T's)" **(sic--"two T's" was NOT added by me, lol)
- "She's much better looking than Dr. Y. She also goes slower"
- "she's pretty damn hot"
- I was not a student in her lab **(I did not teach lab--I lectured to them in class for about three weeks)
- "Honestly I do not really remember"
- "I really liked how she taught in lecture. I felt she taught the class like we were stupid and had no clue about what she was saying, which really helped me make sense of what I had read before class." **(is this a good thing or a bad thing??)
Having such a big class can be really hard, but it also makes for much more amusing evaluation responses because everyone feels more anonymous. I had a really good time reading these, and I think I did learn a lot from them--I'll have to see how the themes change over the years, and hopefully I'll always get a few reinforcing my own inner belief in my "HOTTNESS."