Friday, June 5, 2009

Covers meme (late again!)

I wasn't tagged for this by anyone and was gonna contrarian out, but then I was reminded of these three covers that are possibly my most favorite covers of all time--and indeed three of my favorite songs in these versions. I wasn't particularly fond of any of the originals, which is what makes these even better covers to me. Y'all will probably think they are weird, but I love them! All are by the Moog Cookbook.

Basket Case/Greenday:



Buddy Holly/Weezer:



Black Hole Sun/Soundgarden:

7 comments:

Odyssey said...

Yep, they're weird. But strangely okay at this end of the week...

Arlenna said...

The Buddy Holly one just makes me so happy!

Comrade PhysioProf said...

There is something seriously wrong with you. I need to reassess our relationship.

Anonymous said...

I think the dogs outside not only heard the aliens, but they were beamed up.

Professor in Training said...

What the fucking fuck? That's bizarro! And what's with the montage in the Green Day clip? A random picture of the cast from St Elsewhere? Again, bizarro. Have you been sipping some of those lab chemicals, Arlenna!!?

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Dude. No.

What CPP said.

Arlenna said...

I like all kinds of weird music. And strange covers are one of my favorite things.