Wednesday, May 26, 2010

At loose ends...

Huh. I finished everything up for my grant submission a day early... and now I don't know what to do with myself. Sure, I SHOULD get going on the next chunk of grant-related work (the transition package for my R00), but it's already in a pretty good state for its due date and I'm waiting on progress report data from my lab peeps. So now what? My lab is tired of having me lurking around, but it's too early to make going home a good idea (baby's naptime isn't for another 2 hours or so)...

The end of focus marks the onset of ennui! I need to find something to deal with my withdrawal symptoms, but at the same time, I like the idea of having a break.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with that transition, I am sure it will go smoothly. BTW, I am still dumbfounded that your institute let you start a TT position on the K part. mine was very unhappy with that possibility. There is so much variability with how they handle these things!

Gerty-Z said...

Good luck with your transition. I just sent mine in. It was not very difficult (my PO assures me that it is largely a formality). Just paperwork for the fun of it, I guess!