Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A month??!!

Whoa, how has it been almost a month since I last posted anything?? Yikes. I am not doing a good job of keeping up with the blog. I have a post-it note of topics stuck on my monitor, I spend >3 hours in the car everyday thinking and philosophizing about stuff, but somehow I just can't get myself focused enough to write these things down. Maybe it's because I feel like I've been writing proposals non-stop since I got back from maternity leave (or going to committee meetings, but at least that season is over). My lab is a' hoppin', people are working hard and making lots of cool data, various unbloggable things (both bad and good) are going on that I can't talk about.

Oooh, one nice thing as an update to the story about the mythical unicorn land of on-campus childcare: WE GOT IN! Other people's maternity leaves conspired to shunt me up the list from #10 to #1 when an unexpected opening was cracked, and we jumped into the fairyland. This saves me more than an hour and a half a day, and makes my life a LOT better. Now we just have to work on the moving closer part...

2 comments:

Prof-like Substance said...

Yay for unicorn daycare. Hopefully the transition was smooth.

Candid Engineer said...

Awesome about the childcare. Hope it works out well.